The President of the Chamber is appointed by the Chamber Assembly at the proposal of the Chamber Managing Board among the renowned businessmen or nominated candidates who, in addition to meeting the other conditions stipulated by the Decision on Initiating the Procedure for the Election of the President of the Chamber, also enjoy a professional reputation acquired by working in management positions in business associations. The President of the Chamber is appointed for a period of four years.
The President of the Chamber:
- represents the Chamber and is responsible for the legality of the Chamber’ work;
- manages the work of the Chamber and coordinates the work and activities of the Chamber and its bodies and forms of organization and work;
- considers the proposals of general acts discussed or passed by the Managing Board of the Chamber;
- organizes, directs and coordinates the cooperation with the Parliament of Montenegro, the Government of Montenegro and other state authorities, local government bodies and other organizations and institutions;
- directs the cooperation with foreign chambers, international chamber associations and other international and national economic organizations and associations;
- nominates the members of the Managing Board;
- proposes election and dismissal of the Vice Presidents and the Secretary General of the Chamber;
- decides on the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the employees in the Chamber Professional Service in accordance with law and regulations governing the labour relations;
- delegates the representatives of the Chamber in the bodies and authorities in which the Chamber is represented;
- determines the amount of the fee for the Chamber services;
- makes a decision on the lease of property;
- concludes a collective agreement with a representative of the Chamber authorized trade union, in accordance with the law;
- performs other duties assigned to the management authority.
Dr Nina Drakić is the President of the Chamber of Economy of Montenegro
She was born in 1980 in Podgorica. She graduated from the Faculty of Economics of the University of Montenegro in 2003 and obtained the title of Doctor of Economic Sciences in 2018 at the Faculty of International Economics, Finance and Business of the University of Donja Gorica.
She is the author of several scientific papers and holds the broker and investment manager, as well as corporate management trainer licenses. She has had additional specialized trainings in Japan and Turkey. She worked on USAID, World Bank, GIZ and UNDP projects.
Since 2010, she has been working at the Chamber of Economy of Montenegro, where, among other things, she performed the duties of the director of the Research and Analysis Sector and Chamber Vice President. As of September 1, 2021, she has been the President of this association. She is the author and co-author of numerous economic analyses and participated in the implementation of several international projects.
Ms Drakić has extensive experience in working with the business community. As its representative, she participated in numerous working groups and government bodies, including the Council for Combating the Gray Economy, the Council for Competitiveness, the Council for Privatization, the Council for the Statistical System of Montenegro etc. She also provides contribution to Montenegro’s negotiations with the European Union, as a member of the Working Group for Negotiation Chapter 30 – External Relations.